A recent survey of takeaway restaurants in the UK illustrated business owners' surprising opinions on the Just-Eat platform's service. It reported that:
- Takeaways paid an average of £725 per month in fees, based on a minimum order commission of 10%
- Two thirds of takeaways using Just Eat believed their fees to be unfair
- 81% of those spending between £1,001 and £2,000 a month thought the fees were unfair
- 52% said they had lost ‘significant revenue’ from loyal customers using the service to order
- 53% ‘are looking to leave’ if they find an alternative
With the rapid growth of the on-line marketplace, more takeaway businesses are realising the benefits of hosting their own websites and taking orders directly from their customers. At Southampton Arts Academy we offer a variety of bespoke web solutions designed to reduce reliance on platforms such as Just-Eat, increasing retained margins on on-line orders, increasing profitability of regular customers, and equipping your business with the on-line tools necessary to boost sales.
- Benefits of hosting your own website and on-line ordering system include:
- Lower transaction costs than Just Eat
- Ability to direct regular customers to your own website
- No more compulsory discounts – add your own special offers when you want to
- Control over your own branding – highly personalised websites, including options for professional quality HD videos and picture galleries
- Mobile friendly – over 50% of Just Eat orders are now done via mobile, now you can do the same
- Continuous customer service support and web presence management – regular blog updates and social media promotions improve your visibility and customer interaction
- Search engine optimisation - get your restaurant to the top of Google's search results
To learn more about how Southampton Arts Academy can help lower operating costs and increase sales margins, please visit our Contact Us page on call 023 81 78 38 70 for an informal discussion.